from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A movement in which the legs are moved widely apart and brought together like scissors, usually along the body's longitudinal axis, especially.
- noun A swimming kick having this form, used mainly in sidestroke.
- noun A bicycle kick in soccer.
- noun A midair kick in martial arts in which the feet are directed in different directions, especially to the sides.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a kick used in the sidestroke; legs are brought together in a scissoring motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.