from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to squirrels
- n. A member of the squirrel family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Squirrel family.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Squirrel-like; related to Sciurus, or belonging to the Sciuridæ; especially, of or pertaining to the Sciurinæ.
- n. A squirrel; a member of the Sciuridæ, and especially of the Sciurinæ.
After I get a new customer and take him for a ride, there's a sciurine power vacuum that lasts about two weeks.
A Northern Ireland woman is on the front line of the ongoing battle against grey squirrel hordes after her house was invaded by massed sciurine forces, the BBC reports.
Irish elk W 1891 O megacerotine (extinct) salamandrine salamander Irish elk 1884 OW 1712-1888 OW megatherine (extinct) sciurine squirrel 1842 -