from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The hard or stony external skeleton of sclerodermatous zoantharians, or corals in an ordinary sense; corallum; coral.
- noun A member of the Sclerodermata, as a madrepore.
- noun A plectognath fish of the group Sclerodermi, having the skin rough and hard, as the file-fish, etc.
- Of or pertaining to the Sclerodermi; sclerodermous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) One of a tribe of plectognath fishes (
Sclerodermi) having the skin covered with hard scales, or plates, as the cowfish and the trunkfish.
- noun One of the Sclerodermata.
- noun Hardened, or bony, integument of various animals.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.