from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a tribe of plectognath fishes (Sclerodermi) having the skin covered with hard scales, or plates, as the cowfish and the trunkfish.
- n. One of the Sclerodermata.
- n. Hardened, or bony, integument of various animals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hard or stony external skeleton of sclerodermatous zoantharians, or corals in an ordinary sense; corallum; coral.
- n. A member of the Sclerodermata, as a madrepore.
- n. A plectognath fish of the group Sclerodermi, having the skin rough and hard, as the file-fish, etc.
- Of or pertaining to the Sclerodermi; sclerodermous.
Sorry, no etymologies found.