from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Hard or hardened; indurated.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany, having a hard texture, as the shells of nuts.
- In zoology, hard, as a sclere or sclerite; seleritic; sclerous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Bot.) Having a hard texture, as nutshells.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany Having a hard texture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Ancient Greek hard + form.
Sorry, no example sentences found.