from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or relating to the Scopelidæ.
- noun A member of the Scopelidæ.
- In anthropology, noting a cranium which has a summit on its posterior part and an occiput rapidly descending to the wide base.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Like or pertaining to fishes of the genus Scopelus, or family
Scopelodæ, which includes many small oceanic fishes, most of which are phosphorescent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective zoology Like or relating to
fishesof the genusScopelus, or familyScopelidae, including many small marinefishes, most of which are phosphorescent.
- noun zoology Any fish of the family Scopelidae.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Scopelus + -oid
Sorry, no example sentences found.