from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hand or power saw with a narrow ribbonlike blade for cutting curved or irregular shapes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fine-toothed fretsaw with an oscillating blade that can be used to cut out curves and other complicated shapes, accurately.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a ribbon of steel with saw teeth upon one edge, stretched in a frame and adapted for sawing curved outlines; also, a machine in which such a saw is worked by foot or power.
- n. See under Saw.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A saw or sawing-machine for cutting thin boards, veneers, orplates into ornamental scrollwork, or for preparing wood for inlaying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fine-toothed power saw with a narrow blade; used to cut curved outlines
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.