from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Used as a courtesy title before the surname or full name of a girl or unmarried woman in a Spanish-speaking area.
- noun Used as a form of address for a girl or young woman in a Spanish-speaking area.
- noun A Spanish or Spanish-speaking unmarried woman or girl.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A Californian fish, Halichæres semicinctus.
- noun A young lady; in address, miss; as a title, Miss: in Spanish use.
- noun In ichthyology, a graceful little labroid fish of California, Pseudojulis or Oxyjulis modestus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A Spanish title of courtesy given to a young lady; Miss; also, a young lady.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A young woman in or from a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a Spanish title or form of address used to or of an unmarried girl or woman; similar to the English `Miss'
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Spanish, diminutive of señora, señora; see señora.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Borrowing from Spanish señorita
Sorry, no example sentences found.