from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A fabulous creature, half horse and half fish, represented in classic mythology as driven by sea dogs or ridden by the Nereids. It is also depicted in heraldry. See
- The walrus.
- Any fish of the genus Hippocampus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of various small marine fish of the genus
Hippocampusthat have a horselike head and swim upright.
- noun The
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun small fish with horse-like heads bent sharply downward and curled tails; swim in upright position
- noun either of two large northern marine mammals having ivory tusks and tough hide over thick blubber
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.