from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several salt-marsh plants of the genus Limonium, having clusters of small lavender or pinkish flowers. Also called statice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant in the genus Limonium
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See Marsh rosemary, under marsh.
- n. See Marsh rosemary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Statice; most often, S. Limonium, in the United States called marsh-rosemary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Limonium of temperate salt marshes having spikes of white or mauve flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.