from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several green algae of the genus Ulva, having a membranous leaflike, irregularly shaped thallus sometimes used in salads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several edible seaweeds of the genus Ulva.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The green papery fronds of several seaweeds of the genus Ulva, sometimes used as food.
- n. certain papery green seaweeds of the genus Ulva.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See lettuce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. seaweed with edible translucent crinkly green fronds
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.