from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The squill Urginea maritima, whose bulb yields a powder used as a rat poison and formerly used medicinally.
- noun Any of various similar bulbous plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Bot.) The officinal squill. See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Drimia maritima, the sea squill.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun having dense spikes of small white flowers and yielding a bulb with medicinal properties
- noun European scilla with small blue or purple flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.