from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various highly colorful marine gastropods of the suborder Nudibranchia, lacking a shell and gills but having fringelike projections that serve as respiratory organs.
- noun Any of various other marine gastropods that lack a shell or have a reduced shell.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A marine opisthobran-chiate gastropod whose shell is rudimentary or wanting; a nudibranch, as a doridoid.
- noun A holothurian of any kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A holothurian.
- A nudibranch mollusk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Any of several
marine opisthobranch gastropod mollusksof the Nudibranchia
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any of various marine gastropods of the suborder Nudibranchia having a shell-less and often beautifully colored body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.