from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various highly colorful marine gastropods of the suborder Nudibranchia, lacking a shell and gills but having fringelike projections that serve as respiratory organs. Also called nudibranch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several marine opisthobranch gastropod mollusks of the Nudibranchia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A holothurian.
- A nudibranch mollusk.
- n. A holothurian.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A marine opisthobran-chiate gastropod whose shell is rudimentary or wanting; a nudibranch, as a doridoid.
- n. A holothurian of any kind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various marine gastropods of the suborder Nudibranchia having a shell-less and often beautifully colored body
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.