from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The hand on a clock or watch that marks the seconds.
- noun An intermediary person or source.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Alternative form of
- noun On a
clockor watch, the handor pointerthat shows the number of secondsthat have passed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun hand marking seconds on a timepiece
- adverb from a source of previously owned goods
- noun an intermediate person; used in the phrase `at second hand'
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.