from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The office or official position of secretary.
- noun The place or office where a secretary transacts business, preserves records, etc.
- noun Specifically, in India, the central office of the administration: see the extract.
- noun A number of secretaries forming a board or official body.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an administrative unit responsible for maintaining records and other secretarial duties; especially for international organizations
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Need more strategy and co-working behind all these things though… Heads of Digital Engagement group needs to start quickly with the secretariate at DIUS.
I, Sargon the Magnificent, dictated this to Chlorinax Julius Agrippa, third household secretary, seconded to the secretariate, on loan from the stage crew. posted by Fenris Badwulf at 8: 31 PM
Goma Kibiswa Kwabene Naupess, head of the civil society's executive secretariate.
Sri Aurobindo passed thirteen years, from 1893 to 1906, in the Baroda Service, first in the Revenue Department and in secretariate work for the Maharaja, afterwards as Professor of English and, finally, Vice-Principal in the Baroda College.
Shilowa, in his briefing on the secretariate report, also called for the federation to support the ANC.
These nominations will be submitted to the secretariate by the end of
DEA&T officials, who form the committee secretariate, have recently completed a visit to all the provinces to co-ordinate the preparation of provincial nominations to the Tentative List.
Delegates were briefed on the well publicised reports produced by the Cosatu secretariate and the September Commission, which made
It plans to set up a permanent secretariate to promote and defend press freedom using all available means at its disposal.
Also giving evidence on Tuesday will be the former chairman of the National Peace Accord secretariate, Dr Antonie Gildenhuys.