from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Being a retail commercial enterprise or a service in which the customers or users help themselves.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the practice of serving oneself, usually when purchasing items
- adjective Describing an establishment where the customer is not
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or denoting an establishment (a restaurant or shop etc.) where customers serve themselves
- noun the practice of serving yourself (as in a grocery or cafeteria)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.