from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Marking the 50th anniversary of an event.
- noun A 50th anniversary or its celebration.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Occurring at the end of, or celebrating the completion of, fifty years, or half a century: as, a semi-centennial celebration.
- noun A semi-centennial celebration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A fiftieth anniversary.
- adjective Of or pertaining to half of a century, or a period of fifty years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Occurring every 50 years
- noun A 50th anniversary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to or marking the 50th anniversary
- noun the 50th anniversary (or the celebration of it)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
American Physiological Society semicentennial, 1881-1937_; Baltimore,
It is against the law, but conformable to usage, and the wedded pairs are subject only to a semicentennial ejection, so that I do not know where a young literary couple could more charmingly begin their married life.
That young medical student and dentist was Dr.W. T.G. Morton, whose monument may be seen in the Boston Public G.rden, and in whose honor the semicentennial of the discovery of anæsthesia has but recently been celebrated.
This May 25 was the semicentennial of a great moment in history.
This May 25 was the semicentennial of a great moment in history. ...
"That in view of the fact that 1880 will be the semicentennial of the