from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arranged or occurring in a series or in rows.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To arrange in serial order.
- adj. Arranged in serial order.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Arranged in a series or succession; pertaining to a series.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put into the form of a series, or a connected or orderly sequence.
- Arranged in a series or order; serial.
Spikelets 1 - or more-flowered, sessile, 1 - to 2 - or more-seriate on the rachis of a simple spike, or partially sunk in cavities of the same.
When the nest is new, I think I see a reason why the Mason-bee should seriate her laying into females and then males.
[To the honorable seriate and house of representatives, April 1, 1907.]