from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A retail establishment at which motor vehicles are refueled, serviced, and sometimes repaired. Also called filling station, gas station.
- n. A business or branch of a business where services, especially repairs, can be obtained.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a filling station, gas station or petrol station; a facility selling fuel for road motor vehicles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- a business where automobiles may be serviced and repaired, usually also having a gasoline vending apparatus, in which case it is also called a gas station or gasoline station. Facilities for repair of automobiles but without a gasoline dispensing function are commonly called
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a station where gasoline and oil are sold and facilities are available for repairing or maintaining automobiles
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.