from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • An inclined railway running into the water with a cradelike car on which a vessel may be drawn out on land, as for repairs.
  • A railway on which to transport vessels overland between bodies of water.
  • n. A railway arranged for the transportation of vessels overland between two water courses or harbors.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.