from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Separation; distinction.
- n. A chasm or ravine.
- n. A line of parting of the hair of the head; a part (in the hair); the top of the head.
- n. Loose fragments (often of metal ore) mixed with earth.
- v. To seek for a vein or mineral deposit by following a shode, or tracing them to where they derived.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A train of vein material mixed with rubbish; fragments of ore which have become separated by the action of water or the weather, and serve to direct in the discovery of mines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See shade, shade.
But doan wurree bowt beeyin layt — I jess happytaylz dat U shoad up!
Yeh … da 3 PM EDT lol shoad up at 2 PM EDT urleeyur dis weak, n offin da 9 PM EDT lol shoaz up at sumfin liek 7:45 PM EDT.
Lt. Leslie tho himz shoad up agin n laytur eppysoadz
I dunno — ifn I shoad mai DL pitcher, dey mite froe up nawt-sekkund wifowt laffin…
Agnes Spark of Forfar (1661) said she 'hard people ther present did speake of Isabell Shirie, and say that shoe was the devill's horse, and that the divill did allwayes ryde upon hir, and that shoe was shoad lyke ane mare, or ane horse'. [
"Mai caal, Maister Aiymore, is, blaassed be Goad, to triaals aand daifficulties, aiven graater thaan Ai shoad haave to encounter haare.