from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person short in stature.
- n. A thing of less than average size, length, extension, or duration.
- adj. Of less than average size or length: shorty gloves; a shortie nightgown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short person.
- n. A term of endearment for a child, younger sibling, shorter person, etc.
- n. this sense?) (slang, hip-hop) An attractive young female, especially: a girl who is "down", who is counted among close male friends and sometimes loose sexually; or, one's "girl", one's "boo"; or, a girl that a male does not know but wishes to meet.
Then please do us the courtesy of going and watching Megan Fox straddle a motorcycle in shorty shorts again while giant robot topple a city.
A suit with cut-off arms and legs is called a shorty and is good whenever maximum freedom of movement is needed.
She is also the VP of Watermargin and a writer for the Bully Pulpit; this sexy woman - a woman whose interests align with most women everywhere (whether its feminist advocacy or authentic Mexican food) - tells us that she's dedicated to her long-term shorty, Petunia Garcia.
I guess when you start getting facial hair, because I'm still called a shorty and I'm 18.
Mr. JONES: I'm still called a shorty because I'm 18.
In a part of the world where people's physical traits are often the basis for nicknames - even unflattering ones like "fatty" or "shorty" - "veinticuatro" "twenty-four" in English is not an insult but rather a term of endearment, and Hernandez, now 37, said his uniqueness has made him a popular guy.
In case you did not come from the inner city like I did and do not understand what those lyrics mean, A shorty is a baby.
In case you did not come from the inner city like I did and do not understand what those lyrics mean, A shorty is a baby obviously whats his name josephies 30 years of living in cleveland didn't teach him much. did you listen to rock and roll josephi? did you know it was called The Devil's Music?
I might have used "young 'un" instead of "shorty", but that's just me, and I'm only on Season 4.
His caption, "Psst, control room, I'm going to need some guidance on what a 'shorty' is."