from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Chronic inflammation of the lungs caused by excessive inhalation of dust containing iron salts or particles.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A deposition of iron pigment in any of the tissues of the body.
- noun Pneumonoconiosis in which the particles are metallic, especially iron.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) A sort of pneumonia occuring in iron workers, produced by the inhalation of particles of iron.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun medicine A form of
pneumoconiosiscaused by the inhalation of irondust
- noun medicine The accumulation of
hemosiderinin various organs of the body by people with a diet rich in iron
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun fibrosis of the lung caused by iron dust; occurs among welders and other metal workers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.