from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An infallible means of attack or defense.
- n. A simple remedy for a difficult or intractable problem: "There is no single silver bullet or panacea that will solve all the problems of Bay Area schools” ( San Francisco Chronicle).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bullet made of silver, usually with reference to the folkloric belief that such bullets are the only weapons which can kill a werewolf.
- n. Any straightforward solution perceived to have great effectiveness or bring miraculous results.
- n. A cocktail somewhat like a martini.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a simple guaranteed solution for a difficult problem
—Up and at ’em…first orgasm of the day silver bullet vibrator…mmmm…quick shower
Finette now threw a silver bullet into the sea, and at this a ship immediately appeared, in which she and Yvon took instant refuge.
He had all but reached the ship when Finette threw her second silver bullet into the sea.