from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A spineless hemispherical cactus (Astrophytum asterias) native to Texas and northern Mexico, having large yellow flowers.
- n. See honesty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dollar coin, whether made from silver or not.
- n. A small pancake.
- n. Several species of tropical freshwater fish of the genus Metynnis, of the family Characidae or Serrasalmidae, of which Metynnis argenteus is one; popular for aquariums; so named from their shape and flashing silver color.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. southeastern European plant cultivated for its fragrant purplish flowers and round flat papery silver-white seedpods that are used for indoor decoration
- n. a dollar made of silver
Sorry, no etymologies found.