from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A red fox of the melanistic form, having black fur tipped with white.
- n. The fur of a silver fox, especially as an article of clothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A red fox with pale yellow or (rarely) silver to black fur.
- n. A person with graying hair who has sex appeal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a variety of the common fox (Vulpes vulpes, variety argenteus) found in the northern parts of Asia, Europe, and America. Its fur is nearly black, with silvery tips, and is highly valued. Called also black fox, and silver-gray fox.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. red fox in the color phase when its pelt is tipped with white
Sorry, no etymologies found.