from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking in subtlety or sophistication; artless or naive: a simple-minded horror movie; simple-minded generalizations.
- adj. Stupid or silly; foolish.
- adj. Mentally impaired.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Lacking subtlety or sophistication
- adj. Lacking mental capacity; feeble-minded
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Artless; guileless; simple-hearted; undesigning; unsuspecting; devoid of duplicity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lacking intelligence or penetration; unsophisticated; artless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. lacking subtlety and insight
- adj. lacking mental capacity and subtlety
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Newsweek described him as “fighting mad,” tired of “being characterized as a simple-minded has-been.”
That raising children is old-fashioned and simple-minded.
A simple-minded target, easily over-taken and dominated.
More Giants Packing Confidence It would be simple-minded to argue that anyone could lead Green Bay's offense as well.
The Fear Monster continues to disseminate hateful and simple-minded imagery on it's Facebook page but the Empathy Monster is no slouch.
Texas is the land of the vulnerable, simple-minded tart heads but also a land of some of my closest and most admired friends.
No, we who know better mustn't reduce ourselves to the simple-minded racism, hatred, and buffoonery of The Tea Party.
The technology is there but, unfortunately, greed reigns in the hearts of the clever, yet one-dimensional and simple-minded entertainment industry exec. s.
My guess is that the "good without God" chant is principally designed to provoke simple-minded religious folks into a shouting match about God and morality.
Apparently, even the most simple-minded immortals can figure out ways to make fortunes without trying.