from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A living room.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A living-room; a room in a house where people pass the time in leisure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an apartment where the members of a family usually sit, as distinguished from a drawing-room, parlor, chamber, or kitchen.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sufficient space for sitting in: as, sitting-room could not be got in the hall.
- n. A room in which people sit; in many houses, the parlor or room most commonly occupied by the family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a room in a private house or establishment where people can sit and talk and relax
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.