from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bathtub shaped like a chair in which one bathes in a sitting position, immersing only the hips and buttocks.
- n. A bath taken in such a tub especially for therapeutic reasons.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hydrotherapeutic bath taken in a sitting position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A tub in which one bathes in a sitting posture; also, a bath so taken; a hip bath.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as hip-bath.
- n. A tub of wood, metal, etc., adapted for such a bath.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bathtub in which your buttocks and hips are immersed as if you were sitting in a chair and you bathe in a sitting position
Partial translation of German Sitzbad : Sitz, act of sitting (from sitzen, to sit, from Middle High German, from Old High German sizzen; see sed- in Indo-European roots) + Bad, bath.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)