from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bathtub shaped like a chair in which one bathes in a sitting position, immersing only the hips and buttocks.
- noun A bath taken in such a tub especially for therapeutic reasons.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Same as
- noun A tub of wood, metal, etc., adapted for such a bath.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A tub in which one bathes in a sitting posture; also, a bath so taken; a hip bath.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
hydrotherapeutic bathtaken in a sittingposition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a bathtub in which your buttocks and hips are immersed as if you were sitting in a chair and you bathe in a sitting position
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Partial translation of German Sitzbad : Sitz, act of sitting (from sitzen, to sit, from Middle High German, from Old High German sizzen; see sed- in Indo-European roots) + Bad, bath.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.