from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A specially frozen surface of water on which people skate or play ice hockey.
- n. A building that houses such a surface.
- n. A roller-skating rink; a roller rink.
- n. A building that houses a roller rink.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. building that contains a surface for ice skating or roller skating
Sorry, no etymologies found.
“There's a skating-backward competition next Friday at the skating rink and it's just for ages fifteen through eighteen.”
Robert A. M. Stern, who designed one of the apartment complexes at Reston, has compared it to earlier suburban planned downtowns such as White Plains, New York; Stamford, Connecticut; and Evanston, Illinois.18 Reston has twenty-story office towers and tall apartment buildings, a large hotel, and a cinema, as well as a central square with an open structure that in winter houses a skating rink shades of Rockefeller Center.