from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Basketball A dramatic forceful dunk shot.
- n. Slang A forceful dramatic move: "I ask [him] whether the slam dunk of the indictment was a spontaneous or planned bit of theater” ( Ron Rosenbaum).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An impressively forceful dunk.
- n. A task expected to present no difficulty.
- n. Tacking on top of the wind of the following yacht in close quarters
- v. To perform a slam dunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a forceful dunk
- n. something that is a sure to occur; a foregone conclusion
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Prim and proper, the name “Bernard” fit him perfectly, which made it a slam dunk to christen him “Harry” instead.