from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a basin or bowl for holding slops, especially for receiving the rinsings of tea or coffee cups at the table.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a bowl into which the dregs of teacups and coffee cups are emptied at the table


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.