from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sofa whose seat unfolds to form a bed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of sofa-bed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a sofa so contrived that it may be extended to form a bed; -- called also sofa bedstead.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece of furniture forming a sofa, as during the day, but capable of being opened or altered in shape so as to furnish a bed at night.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sofa that can be converted into a bed
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.