from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who is easily persuaded or taken advantage of.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or group which is sympathetic, accommodating, easily overcome, or easily persuaded, especially one which loans or readily gives money to another.
- n. A comfortable situation; an easy task or undemanding occupation, especially one which is comfortably remunerative.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
* Long-Lost Love* by Doug Allyn Rough as he looks, and tough as the bread-and-butter cases of his private-eye business are, Doug Allyn's Ax Axton is a soft touch for those in distress, and some of his recent cases have had a sentimental cast.
He bent and kissed her forehead-the one part on her face that the soft touch of his lips would not hurt.
He turned, -- it was Cassy's; but the cold soft touch recalled his dream of the night before, and, flashing through the chambers of his brain, came all the fearful images of the night-watches, with a portion of the horror that accompanied them.
He shook hands with Barthrop and with me, and I felt the soft touch of his firm hand, as I had done at our first meeting.
But his gentle delicate way, the soft touch with which he again stroked back her hair or took her hand, speaking kindness and sympathy, the loving pressure of his lips once or twice to her brow, the low tones in which he told her that she was making herself sick; that she must not do so; that she must let him take care of her, – were powerful to soothe or quiet a sensitive mind, and Fleda felt them.
She stood on her tiptoes and pressed her breasts against his chest until all he could feel was the two points of her hard nipples, the soft touch of her lips, and the firm undulation of her hips.
Additionally, Staubach had incredible pocket presence; possessed the ability to throw with accuracy to his receivers; threw soft touch passes on screens to the running backs; and loved to throw on the run.