from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A drainpipe that carries off wastes from a plumbing fixture, especially from a toilet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pipe that carries off liquid wastes from a toilet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A pipe or drain for carrying off night soil.
- n. a pipe or drain for carrying off night soil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An upright discharge-pipe which receives the general refuse from water-closets, etc., in a building.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. drain that conveys liquid waste from toilets, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.