from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The large network of sympathetic nerves and ganglia located in the peritoneal cavity behind the stomach and having branching tracts that supply nerves to the abdominal viscera.
- n. The pit of the stomach.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A complex network of nerves and ganglia, located within the abdomen behind the stomach.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a nervous plexus situated in the dorsal and anterior part of the abdomen, consisting of several sympathetic ganglia with connecting and radiating nerve fibers; -- so called in allusion to the radiating nerve fibers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large plexus of sympathetic nerves in the abdomen behind the stomach
The blow struck the destroyer’s solar plexus and shattered it into five pieces.
Blake unconsciously held his breath until she safely negotiated the exchange, then watched in fatalistic fascination as she stepped back on to a portly matron’s foot and spun around in dismay, elbowing her victim’s unfortunate escort sharply in the solar plexus and dripping wine on his shoes.
TELEKINESIS: Heaviness, numbness in the body or just in the arms or legs; pressure at the base of the brain; sensation of something being drawn from the solar plexus or natural body openings.
Something huge and heavy had tried to drive itself through his solar plexus and the spine behind it.
I put my fist in his solar plexus and as he gasped, employed a little trick I'd learned rom Jaroslav, Grabbing his neck, I felt for the right places, found them, squeezed and shut down his carotid arteries.
The protection sigils tattooed centuries before above his heart and solar plexus threaded cool and insulating energy throughout his body, protecting him from the circle of holding he’d just created on the bare concrete floor of his office with precise strokes of a paint brush and spell-spiked black paint.