from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A usually rod-shaped metal implement with a pointed or wedge-shaped tip, used in soldering metallic parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hand-held tool with a heated tip, used to melt and apply solder.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- an instrument for soldering, consisting of a bit or bolt of copper having a pointed or wedge-shaped end, and furnished with a handle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tool with which solder is melted and applied.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hand tool with a heatable tip; used to melt and apply solder
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I held it tight against the rim of the steering wheel and drove and typed all at the same time: urgent meet me 1st I-95 rest area southbound S of Kennebunk exit now immediately bring soldering iron and lead solder Radio Shack or hardware store.