from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Sonchus, especially S. oleraceus of Eurasia, having prickly leaves and rayed, yellow flower heads.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the thistles in one of the genera Cicerbita and Sonchus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a composite plant (Sonchus oleraceus) said to be eaten by swine and some other animals.
- n. Sonchus oleraceus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Sonchus, primarily S. oleraceus, a weed of waste places, probably native in Europe and central Asia, but now diffused nearly all over the world.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several Old World coarse prickly-leaved shrubs and subshrubs having milky juice and yellow flowers; widely naturalized; often noxious weeds in cultivated soil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.