from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The erect woody evergreen shrub Kunzea ericifolia, endemic to Western Australia.
- n. The shrub Acacia doratoxylon.
- n. The flowering vine Pandorea doratoxylon.
- n. The eucalypt Eucalyptus doratoxylon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An Australian tree (Acacia Doratoxylon), and its tough wood, used by the natives for spears.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of two Australian trees, Eucalyptus Doratoxylon in the southwest, and Acacia Doratoxylon in the interior, or the wood of the same, sought by the natives for spear-shafts.
From spear + wood; named for the use made of the wood by Australian Aborigines to make spear shafts. (Wiktionary)