from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. An artificial ridge set crosswise into the surface of a street, parking lot, or driveway to make the operators of vehicles decrease speed.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A traffic calming measure, consisting of a transverse ridge in the road, to limit the speed of vehicles.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a hindrance to speeding created by a crosswise ridge in the surface of a roadway


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.