from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellow, waxy oil obtained from the head of the sperm whale and used as an industrial lubricant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. whale oil from a sperm whale
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a fatty oil found as a liquid, with spermaceti, in the head cavities of the sperm whale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Spermaceti-oil; the oil of the spermaceti-whale. See train-oil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an animal oil found in the blubber of the sperm whale
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.