from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Physiology Of or relating to the pulse.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the circulatory pulse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the pulse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the pulse.
- In zoology, pulsating or pulsatile; beating with rhythmic contraction and dilatation, like a pulse; specifically, belonging to the Sphygmica.
From the Latin sphygmicus, from the Ancient Greek σφυγμικός (sphugmikos), from σφυγμός (sphugmos, "pulse"), whence sphygm-. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.