from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A channel for an overflow of water, as from a reservoir.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A path designed to take away overflow safely.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A sluiceway or passage for superfluous water in a reservoir, to prevent too great pressure on the dam.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A passage for surplus water from a dam.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction


spill +‎ way (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.