from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A ballot cast for candidates of two or more political parties.
- n. A ticket that includes the names of candidates from more than one party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ballot cast for candidates of more than one political party.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a ballot in which a voter votes for a portion of the candidates nominated by one party, candidates of other parties being substituted for those omitted.
- n. a ticket representing different divisions of a party, or containing candidates selected from two or more parties.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ballot cast by a voter who votes for candidates from more than one party
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.