from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A white or other non–Native American man having a Native American wife and usually living with her people.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A white man who has married a squaw, and has become more or less identified with the Indians and their mode of life: so called in contempt.
- noun An Indian who does woman's work; an effeminate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- Western U. S. A white man who has married an Indian squaw; sometimes, one who has gained tribal rights by such a marriage; -- often a term of contempt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a white man married to a North American Indian woman
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.