from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Baseball A play in which the batter attempts to bunt so that a runner on third base may score.
- n. Informal Pressure exerted to obtain a concession or achieve a goal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A play when the batter bunts a runner home from third.
- n. A type of bluff where a player with a weak hand reraises a raiser and a caller.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aggressive attempt to compel acquiescence by the concentration or manipulation of power
- n. a baseball play in which a runner on third base tries to score as the batter bunts the pitch
Sorry, no etymologies found.