from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine that crushes ore.
- n. A building in which ore is crushed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. type of mill machine that crushes material by pounding rather than grinding, either for further processing or for extraction of metallic ores
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a mill in which ore is crushed by stamps.
- n. a mill in which ore is crushed with stamps; also, a machine for stamping ore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In metallurgy, a crushing-mill employing stamps or pestles to crush ores or rock to powder preparatory to treatment for extracting metals.
- n. An oil-mill employing a pestle or pestles to crush seeds and fruits.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mill in which ore is crushed with stamps
stamp + mill (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.