from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive To maintain a safe distance from a
- verb intransitive To abstain from participation.
- verb intransitive, cricket (of a wicket-keeper) to stand a long way behind the wicket so as to catch balls from a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb stand away from an object or person
- verb stay clear of, avoid
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.