from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various plants of the genus Hypoxis, having grasslike leaves and star-shaped, white or yellow flowers.
- n. See colicroot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The colicroot. See Colicroot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. perennial Australian grass having numerous long spikes arranged like the vanes of a windmill
- n. any plant of the genus Hypoxis having long grasslike leaves and yellow star-shaped flowers: Africa; Australia; southern Asia; North America
- n. any of several perennials of the genus Aletris having grasslike leaves and bitter roots reputed to cure colic
- n. trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions; used for lawns and pastures especially in southern United States and India
Sorry, no etymologies found.