from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Evidence for the prosecution in U.S. state or federal trials.
- n. One that gives evidence for the state in criminal proceedings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. evidence for the government or the people.
- n. See Probator, 2, and under Evidence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. evidence for the prosecution in criminal proceedings
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"Show me," said Long Bill Hodge, a mountaineer doing life for train robbery, and whose whole soul for years had been bent on escaping in order to kill the companion in robbery who had turned state's evidence on him.