from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A police station.
- n. A fire station.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building at a post or station.
- n. An area headquarters for police.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The house used as a shelter at a railway station.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A police-station.
- n. The building containing the office, waiting-rooms, etc., of a railway-station.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a station that serves as headquarters for police in a particular district; serves as a place from which policemen are dispatched and to which arrested persons are brought
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.